MathPad is a 100% free smart notepad that allows you to type in math expressions, assign variables, define functions, convert units, add units together and much more. There is no enter button, it automatically evaluates everything you type as you type it. And automatically updates anything dependent on a variable that has been changed or a function that has been redefined. The latest version is available in the links below.
- MathPad Beta 4.1 (no-install / portable): download
Note: The portable version is more up to date. I am working on an issue with the installer version.
How It Works
- You write lines in it like you would notepad.
- Every answer is output to the right of the input on the same line.
- Each line/sentence of input is recognized as a specific input/line type (ex: expression, conversion or variable assignment), and then evaluated.
- There is no "enter" button. Answers are given automatically.
- A change to any line/sentence will automatically update any lines that are affected by it. Ex: If you change the value of a variable, then all lines of input that use that variable will update their answers/output accordingly.
- You can change any line/sentence at any time and it will update in real time.
- Open/Save Work to File
- Decimals and Vectors.
- Variables Assignment
- User-defined Functions
- Unit Conversion & Aritmetic
- Number Base Conversion
- Constants Library
- Formula Cheat Sheets
- Ans/Answer and Total
- Bitwise Operations
- And much more!